January Running in Review

Saturday, February 2, 2013

I'm happy to say that I got back into the swing of things running in January after a few weeks off due to law school finals and the holidays.  I also started adding extra running days because I signed up for a 10k with my friends and started a 10k training plan.  I just looked back at my review of running from November 2012, when I started running, and I already see some good improvement.  In my November review, I mentioned that I was frustrated because I was feeling slow and out of shape.  I still feel kind of slow and out of shape, but I feel less out of shape than I did last month, and so I am happy to see that improvement!

January Stats:
Total Distance: 47.23 miles
Total Time: 7hrs 56mins
Average Pace: 10'06" /mi

I ran over twice as much this month than last month because I was so busy last month.  I still think I have done a decent job of not increasing my mileage too quickly: I stop when I've met my time or distance even if I feel like I could go a bit more.  I have also been trying to keep my body feeling good by using my foam roller when I get a chance and wearing a knee brace sometimes if I think I might be doing a run that would irritate my weak ol' knees. 



My goals for next month are to just stay on track with my 10k running plan and stay injury free.  I am happy with my pace, but if I improve at all in speed that will just be a pleasant surprise.  I have been doing "speed" workouts on Wednesdays, which surprisingly I think have helped me! (As well as cross training for some strength). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)