Friday climbing & good eats

Saturday, February 9, 2013

I love rock climbing. My roommate and I try to go as often as we can at the local gym and I was able to do a guided rock climbing lesson in Boulder this past summer.

(Obligatory Colorado Pics)
Climbing in Boulder

I finally went out and bought the gear so I don't have to keep renting at the gym. So on a boring Friday night I decided to get my climb on. I climbed until my arms got sore, and then I decided to do an ACTUAL easy run on the treadmill since I was already at the gym.  I only did two miles, but I had run the past two days before and didn't want to overdo it on these beginner legs.  I am supposed to do my long run today but I might wait to do it tomorrow so my legs are a bit more refreshed. Before I left the gym, I made sure to get in a good ab workout because I have been slacking a bit on the Abs by April Challenge! I did some planks and hand to toe crunches. Feeling it today!!

After the gym, a friend and I did some cooking. We made apple & bacon stuffed pork chops.  I found the recipe here. It was kind of a pain to make because I had never stuffed meat before, but it turned out delicious.  There were a ton of spices and they meshed together perfectly. Even though it was not a five-minute dish, you need to try it if you eat meat because it was that good.  We also substituted the bacon with turkey bacon and the goat cheese with feta.  
Then of course we had to wash it down with some dried cherry chocolate chip cookies and a big glass of milk.  Good thing I did not go to school to be a food photographer, btw.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)