10k Training: Week 6

Monday, February 18, 2013

Ahhh... only ran twice this week.  Week six was a bad week and the first time I've missed any of my runs from the 10k training plan.   I got sick at the beginning of the week, and honestly, I'm still feeling it a week later! I feel a lot better but I still have sinus and throat issues.  I also had an arbitration competition in Chicago this weekend so I was swamped with that. Thus, less running and no blogging.  


Week 6 in review: 

Monday
Scheduled: 30 minutes running
Ran: Nothing. I did my long run the day before and wanted to take a day off. 

Tuesday
Scheduled: Easy C/T or Off
Did: Ran 3.14 mi @ 8:38 pace. 
As shown by my splits, below, I ran two miles, then walked a lap, and then ran/walked my last mile. It shows a fast pace but that's because I was really hustling when I ran and tried to speed walk when I had to walk!

Wednesday
Scheduled: Speed workout, 2 x 1 mile
Ran: Nothing. Went to zumba instead :) It was throwback 90's zumba and I loveddd it. 

Thursday
Scheduled: 30 minutes easy
Ran: Did the speed workout scheduled for Wed.  I did a 400m warmup at 11'50"/mi; 1600m @ 8'53"/mi; 400m walk @ 14'/mi; 1600m @ 8'55"/mi and 800m walk/run @ 9'/mi.  Total, 3.02 miles at 9:38 pace. 

Friday
Nothingggg

Saturday
Nothing. Went to Chicago and did the competition.  Maybe I'll say that I did some hardcore walking around the city in high heels haha ;) 

Sunday
Nothing. Still sick and figured it was in my best interest to rest.  I am back in the game now though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)