10k Training Plan: Week 5

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Five weeks down, eleven to go! This week I ran the most miles that I ever have in any given week, about 16 total.


My week:

Monday
Prescribed: 30 min easy run
Ran: 3.33 mi in 29:01 (8'42" pace).  Not exactly an easy run, but I started faster than I intended and felt good enough to keep the pace going. Proud of myself for pushing hard!

Tuesday
Prescribed: Easy cross train/off
Did: Nothing!

Wednesday
Prescribed: 2 x 1 mile at race pace or a bit faster
Ran: Warm up 500 meters, 1 mile at 8:37 pace, jog, 1 mile at 8:21, 500 meter cool down. Total: 3.29 mi at 9'23" pace.  Also did a deep water exercise class for an hour.

Thursday
Prescribed: 30 minutes easy
Ran: 2.84 miles around the neighborhood at a 9'55" pace.  Ate before running and didn't feel too swell! Gotta stop that eating before running. Also not a huge fan of 3pm Thursday runs. 

Friday
Prescribed: OFF
Did: Rock climbing, Ran 2 miles at easy pace, and some abs. So.... didn't take the day off. Oops!

Saturday
Prescribed: 4.5 mi long run at easy pace
Did: Nothing! Wanted to rest my legs a bit after 3 days in a row

Sunday
Prescribed: Cross Train/Off
Ran: 4.51 miles in 47:03 (10'26" pace).  I felt really pretty sick today, might be getting the flu?  My boyfriend came over to use the treadmills so I felt like having him around would at least give me the motivation to finish my long run for the week.  I did it! Not sure if I will feel better/worse tomorrow...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)