10k Training Report: Week 2

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Something about me is that I have grand goals when it comes to working out, and I rarely keep up with these goals.. For instance, the picture below inspired me to work out for awhile last year.. until I realized that no amount of exercise will help me grow two cup sizes :-\. Le sigh.

(photo credit: http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/103934703870699056_kgRpaAjK.jpg)

 I'm' happy to say that I still haven't quit running, despite starting back in November.  In fact, I've kept up completely with the first two week of my 10k running plan. 


My week in review:

Monday
Prescribed: 20 minutes easy
Ran: 23 minutes for 2.06 miles (10:58 pace) on the treadmill in my apartment complex before class. Felt pretty good, watched a little "Say yes to the dress" and went at a nice pace for me to sustain.

Tuesday
Prescribed: Easy XT or off
Did: Tuesday-fun-day. Went to a swim cardio class with my friend.  
It was pretty easy but really fun. I wore my new tri swim top and swim cap (aka mad sexayness)(do you guys think I look as good as the girl in the picture above??!!!?). 
Wednesday
Prescribed: 25 minutes run + 2-3 striders
Ran: 27 minute run, 2.69 miles (10:11 pace), 3 90-meter striders, no idea what pace. 

Thursday
Prescribed: 20 minute easy run
Ran: nothingz. Was busy! Ended up doing the run Friday

Friday
Prescribed: OFF
Ran: 20 minutes around the neighborhood, ~ 2 miles. 

Saturday
Prescribed: Long run, 3.5 miles
Ran: Nothing! Was resting my knee a bit. Glad I did

Sunday
Prescribed: Optional XT
Ran: 3.5 miles, 39 minutes, 10:58 pace on treadmill.  Made up for my long run miss today. Ran the whole thing, albeit slower than normal. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)