10k Training: Week 9

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weeeeek 9 is over. Week 9 was hard!!  I'm going to do this recap a little differently because I have come to accept that I will not be following the day-by-day guide, but instead, am at least trying to get most of the workouts done at some point during the week. My week:

Monday
Did nothing! Still tired from the bike/run with Brandon

Tuesday
Ran: 3.01 miles with a few walk breaks. 

Splits: 
Miles 1 & 2 @ 8'30" pace (then Walk)
Mile 3 @ 9'17" pace

Also did a Cardio H2O class and biked on the recumbant bike for 10 miles. 

Wednesday
Biked at the gym. 15 miles

Thursday
Ran: 3.00 miles at 9'46" pace on gym treadmill

Friday
Biked at the gym. About 10 miles

Saturday
Ran: 3.1 miles at 9'30" pace for the Earth, Wind, Fire 5k (recap to come!). I am going to call this my "hills" workout because the course had about a mile of incline.  Then biked 13.5 miles next to Brandon at the gym while he ran. I'm getting sick of the indoor biking for sure

Sunday
Ran: 6.2 miles at 10'18" pace for my long run--did it on the gym treadmill at my apartment complex. I had a little knee pain...which I almost always do. But I otherwise felt excellent! Very proud of myself for reaching this milestone. 


How was your week of training ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)