10k Training: Week 8 & February review

Monday, March 4, 2013

This is the second week during my 10k training that I didn't get all of my runs done, but I'm not too upset about it.   My knee had been hurting last week and the beginning of week 8, so I decided to take it easy. I'm glad I did.  My knee is now feeling pretty good, so I think some time off did the trick for me!


Week 8 in review: 

Monday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Did: 3 mile run/walk through the neighborhood. It ended up being almost a 3x1 speed workout. 
Mile 1: 8:59 
Mile 2: 8:42 
Mile 3: 8:46 
It was really windy too, so I was torn between running fast to get the 3 miles over, but having a hard time running and breathing and needing to take walk breaks.  I also think I was a bit tired from my 5 miles the day before. 

Tuesday
Scheduled: Easy C/T or off
Did: Cardio H2O swim class and 8 miles on the bike at a 10.7mph pace. 

Wednesday
Scheduled: hills run
Did: Nothing! Resting the knee

Thursday
Scheduled: 3 miles easy
Did: Nothing again... Don't you hate when you start feeling guilty for not running?  I DID, however, go home to my parent's house and buy a new-to-me car so I was actually too busy to get a run in. 

Friday
Scheduled: off
Did: Nothing that involved running. It was a campus drinking holiday so you can probably figure out what I was doing

Saturday
Scheduled: 5.5 miles
Did: Nothing! It was my 1-year anniversary with the bf so we spent the day out of town. Was going to do my long run but decided to wait until Sunday to do it with my boyfriend..... 

Sunday
Scheduled: Easy CT
Did: 5 miles long run, 18.6 mi bike ride from h*ll! (see previous post for more details). 

Also, the end of Week 8 also marked the start of a new month. So I'd like to do a quick review of my running in February 2013 compared to past months. 


February Stats:
Total Distance: 45.4 miles 
Total time: 7.43 hours 
Average Pace: 9'48"

Compared to January, I ran only 14 times versus 19 times and I ran 2 less miles. January was a longer month, though, and I also got sick this month and had some knee pain.  My pace definitely increased this month, which was pretty exciting, although my past few runs lately have been slow again (wah wah wah).  So all in all, it has been a decent month. Hopefully March will bring more miles and less illness and pain.  I am heading to Europe for 2 weeks, so that should be interesting as to whether I make it out running enough and what not!  My goals for March are to keep speed where it is generally and to increase mileage.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)