10k training: Week 10

Monday, March 18, 2013

As much as I want to share my life with you all, I have to keep this short and sweet today because I am a busy traveling lady. Week 10 was a little hectic but I managed to finish my indoor triathlon and do most of my runs. All-in-all, week 10 felt really good and made me feel more confident about the 10k in April. 


Week in review:

Monday
Did Tuesday's workout pretty much. I cycled for 13.68 miles at the gym. 

Tues
Did Monday's workout. Ran 3.12 mi at a 10'00" pace on the gym treadmill. Then did the spin bike for 10.3 miles (which goes much faster than the other gym bikes btw!)

Wednesday
Went to spin class for 1 hour. Let me just give a standing ovation to anyone who is crazy enough to do that more than once a year. I was D Y I N G. DYING DYING GAH! It was so hard! 21.4 miles biking in 1 hour. 

Thursday
Thursday was interesting.  I signed up for something called "Run with the dogs" (I hope to write more about it soon), but basically, once or twice per month a group of runners takes out the dogs at the humane society for a 2-4 miles run.   Thursday was the training day and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone. Unfortunately, we didn't get to actually go out for the run yet, so no puppy run time.  I did end up just running around the area afterward and actually ran into my boyfriend (who was also running lol!).  I did 3 miles at about a 9'20" pace, and then did a few striders. 

Friday
Nothing!

Saturday
Was supposed to do a long run but had no time--I was also not in the mindset.  Saturday I was traveling from Champaign --> Chicago --> Zurich --> Budapest and I was all anxious about making sure I was packed and ready to go .My head was in the clouds!  I did manage to get on the treadmill for a few minutes and do a 2.6 mi run. 

Sunday
Jet lag, sleeping, drinking wine, and more sleeping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)