Riddle Run 4-Miler Recap

Monday, January 28, 2013

On Saturday I joined a bunch of other crazy runners and did the Riddle Run, which is a January trail fun run put on by a local family.  I think the term "fun run" is used quite loosely seeing as I don't think I can ever truly have fun in sub freezing temperatures.  I kid, I kid. It was a good time! It was also my first race/run that was over a 5k.  The Riddle Run involves a 4-mile trail loop. You can do as many loops as you want, but technically, you get a DNF unless you complete 7 loops--or 28 miles.  Obviously, I DNF'd (but felt like a champ!!).  I ended up with a time of about 41:00 with a pace of 10'06".  I'm proud of the pace, especially because it was a snowy freezing trail run!



Early morning and freezing pre-race photo. My boyfriend's mom ran with me and stuck to doing only one loop. 
My boyfriend ran the whole thing. He's a machine! 

The best part about Riddle Run is that every participant gets a cream-filled cupcake when they are done. It was out of this world delicious.

I changed and waited for the BF to finish his 28 miles. It was freezing outside but fun to hang out with the other runners. All in all, it was a great time and I can't wait to sign up for my next race :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)