December Running in Review

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Well...... I kind of dropped the ball on reaching my December running goal.  I attribute this to three things, in no particular order:

* Law school finals took up most of my month
* The cold. BRRRR. Like 20 degrees out!
* Laziness/holidays/etc.


My goal for December was to have a 5% improvement in speed and a 10% improvement in total distance.  This meant that I wanted to run about 40 miles in December and run at an average pace of 10:40 minute mile.  What did I actually achieve?   Ran a total of 18.98 miles with an average pace of 10:49 per mile.  So, I ran about half as much as I did in November--but with a faster overall pace. 


I really need to step up my game this month because my friend Jen and I signed up for the Illinois 10k for April and I want to be able to run the whole thing without stopping!! Any tips on motivating myself to get out there in the cold? Maybe I should try the dreadmill treadmill. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)