My Signature Smoothie

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I love smoothies.  Because I have such a sweet tooth and because I sometimes tend to be lazy when it comes to getting my servings of fruit, I find that smoothies are a healthy way for me to get all of my nutrients.  I will admit that I am a little bit picky about my smoothies....there has to be a full banana in there and I am not a huge fan of artificial flavoring  (I know, shocker) or too much ice.  Besides the smoothies that I make myself, I really love the Starbucks orange-mango smoothie.  They add protein so it is a great post-workout drink.  I'm sure there are some artificial flavors in it but its not overpowering or sticky-gooey tasting if that makes sense. 

This here is my tried and true recipe for my signature breakfast/post workout/dessert delicious and nutritious banana-orange-strawberry smoothie.  

Ingredients: 
**1 large banana
**3-4 strawberries
**5 ice cubes
**container-sized portion of yogurt
(any flavor yogurt but I prefer plain, vanilla, blueberry, or peach) 
**1/3 cup orange juice

Step 1: Put whole banana (the browner the better) and 3-4 cut up strawberries in the blender. 

Step 2: Add about 5 large ice cubes and a container of yogurt.  

Step 3: Pour about 1/3 cup of orange juice over the ingredients. Blend. 

 Step 4: Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks delish! Never thought of adding orange juice, I'm going to try that this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I started putting OJ in because my smoothies were too thick and I'd have to tip the cup really far....and then the smoothie would fall all over my face haha ;). Tastes great with the OJ too!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)