Abs by April Challenge

Monday, January 21, 2013

Megan, author of the blog Run Like A Grl, has started a challenge to help us all get better abs before swimsuit season!  Each week, she will post an ab/core workout or exercise that is the weekly challenge to help us get a sexay midsection ;).  She also requests workout advice, progress reports, and photos.  I'm excited to get into the challenge.  I'm naturally thin (I know, someone punch me), but my stomach fat lady lumps have always been a challenging thing to lose.  I say that as I shove my face with cookies. But for real, I am excited to get started on the challenge!

This weeks challenge: 1 plank per day

I am guessing that I won't get a 6-pack by doing one plank per day, so I will try to incorporate the fitness challenge with other core work that I do.  So far today, I've run 25 minutes, lifted some light weights at high rep, and then did planks for 2 minutes. That is kind of all over the place.  I probably need a plan? I will try to post weekly with updates on what I have done for the challenge. 

And now comes the pre-ab-challenge "ab" pics. I'm a tad embarrassed to post this on the web, but maybe they will help me hold myself accountable to actually do the ab workouts!!

(shown below: pre-ab challenge abs). 


3 comments:

  1. First of all.. LOVE your blog! Second, thanks for the challenge shout out and for participating! You don't know how many times I almost deleted my before pictures haha but it'll be worth it to compare at the end. Lets get those abs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! I'm doing the Abs by April challenge, too!! Looking forward to the extra motivation and encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen, nice to see a fellow law student doing the challenge :) Hope 3L is treating you well!

      Delete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)