November Running in Review

Friday, November 30, 2012

Looking at the screenshot review for my first month of consistent running...ever... makes me feel pretty proud that I got out there and stuck with it. I also know there is a lot of room for improvement, which is both encouraging AND disheartening  for me (I'm such a perfectionist, why am I not already the best runner in the world?? WHY??!!).  The fact of the matter is that I am actually pretty slow when it comes to long distance running and still out of shape.  I read somewhere recently that you are still a beginner runner until you have been running consistently for at least 6 months, sometimes over a year. Then you are considered "intermediate." I will have to reassess my situation when I get to that 6 month mark. 

November Stats:
Total Distance: 36.03 mi
Total Time: 6:40:22
Average Pace: 11'13"/mi
Total Calories: 2,764

My goal for December is 5% improvement in speed and a 10% improvement in distance. I am not a math person so I have no idea what this means or if those two goals cancel each other out in some way, but I'd like to run about 40 miles in December and run at an average of a 10:40 minute mile pace.  This is just a goal, I won't beat myself up over it, but I am hoping its achievable.  I'd love to hear your stories about running time and distance improvement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)