First 5k finished!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I am so happy that I got out there and did the Turkey Trot 5k. I really could not have picked a better first "race" to do.  My little brother (12) and I did the race together, and we made a plan that when someone needed to walk, we would both stop and walk for 1-2 minutes and then start running again. 

As it turned out, there were 800+ participants and it was a trail run, with some trails allowing only 1-2 people through at a time.  So we spent a good deal of time stopped, walking, and/or waiting to get through.  The rest of the time, we jogged the entire thing!  I looked at my Nike+ play by play and we ran about an 11 minute mile during the race except when we were stopped.  In the end, it took us 36 minutes to complete the 2.61 mile course because of all the stopping.
Again, I know it was nothing and it wasn't even a 3-miler, but I am just so proud of myself for getting out there and doing it!  6 weeks ago, I couldn't even imagine myself doing a 5k! I am also signed up for a race next weekend called "Polar Paws" where you get to run with your dog. I'll be running with my roommate's dog, Finley.  I am looking forward to that big time.  
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)