Camper Remodel: Painting Cabinets

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Progress continues with the camper. This week we took the first step in replacing the floor that we had to take out due to severe rotting :(



While Peter was doing that, I got busy removing the cabinets, priming, and painting. I used the oil-based Zinsser primer, which I brushed on initially. After doing several of the cabinet pieces, I ended up buying the spray paint version which went on a million times faster.  I am interested and hopeful with how it will hold up on those lovely laminate cabinets!
(My station all set up as I primed)

I found a really nice shade of white/off white, which is White Dove by Benjamin Moore. This is the shade I am using on the cabinets, although I don't have pictures yet of them all finished with that shade. 

Finally, I laid out all of the hardware and primed and spray painted it with a nice oil-rubbed bronze.
Above is what the rusty/off colored brass handles looked like before spraying! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)